General Terms and Conditions of Business for Participants (GTCB)
in the event “World Congress of Integrative Oncology “WOCOIO” 2023”
biosyn Arzneimittel GmbH (in collaboration with ESIO).
Schorndorfer Straße 32
2. Registration and conclusion of contract
– The contract shall come about through registration via the registration at https://wocoio.com/register/. Upon receipt of the registration, the participant shall receive written confirmation of registration. Sending of the invoice shall apply as confirmation of registration.
– If the participant makes reference to own terms and conditions of contract in the registration, this shall not constitute effective registration for the event. In this case, the organizer shall not be obliged to draw the attention of this participant to the fact that no effective registration exists.
– A precondition for conclusion of the contract is that the participant is at least 18 years of age or, if this is not the case, that he/she is acting with the written permission/approval of the legal representative (as a rule the guardian).
– By registering, the participant accepts all parts of the terms and conditions of business. By registering, the participant recognizes the statutory, labor-law, commercial-law and fire regulations.
3. Terms and conditions of payment
– Unless otherwise specified, the remuneration for the event or other fees is/are payable within 14 days of invoicing, in the currency stated, without deduction and free of bank charges.
– As a fundamental rule, the invoice must be settled prior to the start of the event. No general entitlement to participate shall apply. The organizer reserves the right to approve participation on a case-by-case basis.
– The participant is entitled to withdraw from the contract.
– If the declaration of withdrawal is received by the organizer prior to May 31, 2023 the participant shall be obliged to pay 50% of the agreed remuneration.
– With effect from August 1, 2023, participants shall be obliged to pay the full amount in the event of withdrawal.
5. Terms and conditions of payment
– Claims of the participant for damages against the organizer are excluded, unless the damage has been caused through intentional or grossly negligent conduct on the part of the organizer or its vicarious agents.
– The organizer shall not be liable to the participant for damage caused by visitors to the event, irrespective of the nature of fault.
– The participant cannot assert claims to damages based on cancellation of the event pursuant to Point 10, “Reservation of alteration and realization”.
– The participant shall be liable to the organizer for all damage caused by him/her to the presentation facilities and fixtures provided by the organizer, unless the organizer is responsible for the damage.
The language of the WOCIO is English. All presentations will be translated simultaneously into German or English by professional interpreters during the event. Translations into additional languages are possible and will be offered as required. Nevertheless, no entitlement to such shall apply.
7. Data protection/data storage
The organizer shall collect, process and use the personal data provided by the participant in compliance with the statutory data protection regulations. Notwithstanding these, the organizer can inform the participant in electronic form, i.e. for example by e-mail etc., within the scope of processing of the contract and for the purpose of promoting own, similar products and services. Objections to the use of the stated e-mail address for promotional purposes, in particular direct advertising, can be addressed to biosyn Arzneimittel GmbH, Schorndorfer Straße 32, 70734 Fellbach, Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time in writing.
8. Declaration of consent under data protection law
The participant in the event hereby declares his/her agreement to his/her data provided (first name, family name, title, occupation and country) being published in the list of participants at the event for which he/she has registered. Consent issued can be revoked at any time with effect for the future by written notification to biosyn Arzneimittel GmbH, Schorndorfer Straße 32, 70734 Fellbach, Germany, or via e-mail to email@example.com.
9. Preparation/use of photo and video recordings
– Only the persons/companies approved by the organizer are permitted to engage in commercial photography, drawing or filming inside the exhibition premises.
– The organizer is entitled to prepare photos or recordings during the entire event, and to use these indefinitely and without geographical restriction for publication for communication and marketing purposes.
– The participant hereby waives all claims under copyright.
10. Reservation of alteration and realization
The organizer is entitled to make necessary organizational or content alterations for important cause or due to force majeure. The participant will be informed of these alterations immediately. The organizer reserves the right to cancel the event given an insufficient number of participants. The fee already paid will then be refunded. No farther-reaching claims shall be created. You are requested to note this when booking travel tickets or accommodation.
11. Place of jurisdiction/miscellaneous
Place of jurisdiction for all business relationships is Stuttgart, Germany. Amendments and extensions to the present contract must be in writing. This shall also apply to amendments to this clause on the written form. No verbal subsidiary agreements have been made.